Thursday, September 10, 2009

General Tso's Hobo Tofu



Time to make some Americanized Chinese Food I thought.
Course of Action:
1. Search internet for recipes.
2. Process recipes through brain.
3. Create new masterful recipe.
4. Produce: General Tso's Hobo Tofu.

First I flavor inject the tofu with vegetable broth and stuff. Then I cut it up, coated it with cornstarch and fried it. Then I made the hobo sauce: sugar, ketchup, vinegar, bbq sauce, soy sauce, mushroom sauce, ginger, garlic, onions, peppers, sesame oil and cornstarch slurry to thicken. Add some vegetables. Ta-da. I call it hobo because of all the low-brow ingredients.

2 comments:

3leet said...

Nice! This is exactly the sort of recipe I'm looking for. I am always nervous to use ketchup though, as if everything will come out tasting like a hot dog.

The Corn and Quinoa one looks good as well. What did you do for seasioning that?

M said...

I actually use ketchup in cooking with some frequency. Corn and Quinoa = lime juice, smoked paprika, cumin, etc